Thursday, January 15, 2009

Discussion - Loneliness

This post is a place to discuss loneliness. There are many unforseen consequences of a seperation and/or divorce that suddenly hit you at some point. One of those that hit me within days is being alone. Loneliness can really bring you "down" quickly.

Please feel free to share where you are now in regards to loneliness or how you managed through loneliness in the past. Maybe you have a great book or website that helped point you in the right direction. Maybe you are struggeling and need some help because being alone has become a dark cloud in your life that you cant seem to escape.

King David was no stranger to loneliness:

Psa 25:16 "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely...."
Psa 102:7 "l lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof."
Psa 142:4 "Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life."

3 comments:

  1. I found a great resource on the subject of loneliness. Check it out:

    HOW CAN I OVERCOME LONELINESS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been such a roller coaster ride for me. The holidays were great when the kids were around but when they were gone I felt very alone. I hate the feeling of being alone. I can't go anywhere because EVERYONE is with someone. This is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there anonymous,

    Your not alone. Things can be very tough after a separation or divorce. I remember my first few months of the separation as being the worst. It has gotten better over time but I was proactive with my schedule. When I didn't keep myself busy I found myself very depressed. Here are a few things I have found to be helpful:

    Join a support group that you can attend (http://divorcecare.com). Take at least one night a week to spend visiting relatives/friends whom you may have neglected while married. Take up a new hobby (bike riding, chess, hiking, gardening, etc.). Those are just a few ideas for you.

    Anyone else have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Followers